Today, Isaias has been upgraded from a Tropical Storm to a Category 1 hurricane. Current projections have its path heading just off the coast of South Florida and a Hurricane Warning has now been issued in our area.
Growing up here in South Florida, I am all too familiar with hurricane season. The main things we must always remember is preparation is key, watch the weather updates and have a plan.
The health and safety of our community and its residents is always my number one priority.
Stay safe, be prepared, and have a plan.
Palm Beach County has listed 4 shelter locations: Opening date and time to be determined
- Lake Shore Middle School – 425 W. Canal St., N., Belle Glade, FL, 33430
- Palm Beach Gardens High School – 4245 Holly Dr., Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33410
- Palm Beach Central High School – 8499 W. Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington, FL, 33411
- Park Vista High School – 7900 Jog Rd., Lake Worth, FL, 33467
Guests arriving at shelters will be subject to:
- A security screening.
- Guests will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and periodically while they are at the shelter.
- Those with a fever of 100.4, or higher, will be directed to an isolated area away from those who do not appear to be ill.
- And, all guests, older than the age of two, will be required to wear a facial covering during their entire stay.
As Palm Beach County remains in ‘Phase One’ reopening, due to Covid-19, guests will each receive additional space rather than the customary 20 square feet we have designated in previous emergency situations.
Here are some important links to help you prepare for the storm:
The National Hurricane Center
Palm Beach County
Candidate for Palm Beach County School Board, District 2